Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tribute to a great individual - Bob Woolmer!

I was shell shocked, when I heard about the tragic death of Bob Woolmer.Personally I love Bob Woolmer a lot.My thoughts are scatterred and disturbed after hearing this news.Bob has given away his live for the spirit and passion of cricket.What a noble person!!!

Bob brought about a lot of inventions and simplicity to the game with his unique ways of coaching. His combination with Hansie took South Africa to new heights.He is a kind of person who underplays his success and works for the overall benefit of the team.

He created a sense of direction,purpose,belonging and strong networking within the pakistan team - something the other coaches didn't bother to do! This was his true success and he always took the criticisms as an opportunity to improve.

I am bit more disturbed about the timing of his death-immediately after the PAK's elimination from WC'07. This clearly shows how much he would have been hurt for all the hard effort he has put in for the last 3 years to revive Pakistan cricket.
I think nobody would love the game as strong as Bob.

I sincerley pray to GOD that his sudden death is natural and not due to dirty cricketing politics.

May BOB's soul rest in peace and my condolonces to his family.

BOB- You had a strong influence on people like me.We will miss you and your POSITIVE ATTITUDE!.

When I finished writing this post, I observed that there were a lot of typing mistakes.An example of the impact that a loss like this can have on people like us.

True cricket can never exist without BOB WOOLMER!!!

2 comments:

Shiva said...

Not many are passionate about what they do. Bob is a classic example. This time, his demise has proved it in hard way. Let him rest in peace

Shiva said...

Bharath, looks like a tragic murder. May justice be brought to those brutes. Can't equal his loss though..