Monday, July 21, 2008

Lessons Learnt from Go KISS THE WORLD !

Yesterday, I completed the book written by Subroto and today I registered my feedback and wishes to Subroto(in his blog site) for coming out with such a book that adds a lot of value to the life of every professional(IT or non-IT).

Some key take aways for me are the following:

1) Open your mind before you open your mouth - Many times I have never done this in my personal and professional life. Life will be so much better and happy we are able to practice this.
2) When you make a choice; you also choose the consequences that come with the choice.
3) To get; you must first give.
4) Self doubt is positive.
5) Frustration is always a function of your ambition and your capability.

Frustration = f(Ambition - Capability).

High performance achievers set very high standards for themselves and for others. The also expect others to follow that - which will not happen in many cases. Hence they get frustrated easily, because of their inability to change the system. So to reduce our frustration levels, we have only 2 choices - Reduce your ambition or enhance your capability levels.

6) Practice humility and simplicity.
7) Great leaders do not emerge out of brilliance; but out of resilience.
8) Connect with people.
9) Passion always takes you higher.
10) Give importance to small people down the line - Pleasing your boss is not important, but making your team member comfortable and happy is very important.
11) Life is all about constant negotiation in every sphere and there is nothing to feel bad about this.
12) Money is not the source of happiness.
13) Look beyond yourself - try to see the pain of others.
14) Forgive yourself and others for the mistakes.
Finally,
15) It's all in the mind and mind only !

Thank you Subroto for this book and more for the lessons that I learnt from your priceless masterpiece.

4 comments:

manikandan said...

ரொம்ப அழகா சொல்லி இருக்கீங்க பரத். மிக்க நன்றி.

Bharath S said...

Thanks Avanum Avalum...Couldn't get your name from your blog!

Shiva said...

Bharth,

Looks like I need not read the book:)You have broughtout the gist of the book so well. I'm sure, I will be to identify some of my shortcomings related to these points and improvise. Anyway, I'll get the book.

Bharath S said...

Hi Shiva,

Thanks, it's a very good book to get. What I like about the book is that - Subroto has expressed every experience in a very candid and honest way, without any dressing. A very few author's can do that.