Tuesday, November 6, 2007

All Good Deeds have a Natural End!

Yesterday, my cousin sister's Father In Law passed away suddenly. He was a good man, know for his good deeds. His only motive in life was to help and serve others. He was quite close to me for the last 6 yrs. Whenever, I was in a state of confusion on making a decision - I always counted on his support. Many a times, when I went out of track - he was always there to pull me on the right course of action. He was a perfect guide and mentor for me and for sure his death was a personal loss to me. For the last few weeks, I wanted to see him and I didn't. Suddenly yesterday when I learnt that he has passed away, I couldn't take it. I still have the guilty feeling of not visiting him during the last few weeks of his life. A lot of people whom he has helped came over to see him and they were unable to take his death. He was such a great man know for his humility. Even his family members do not know how he goes out of the way to understand others problems and help them just in the hour of need.

Yesterday after his cremation, I was able see him reduced to just a box of ashes. That's the real meaning of life! Finally we all fit into a small box of ashes.

In between all this - why are we competing for power,money,wealth,assets,fame,name etc.

Let's all love each other...Love,Love and Love only.

May his soul rest in peace.

4 comments:

Priya said...

Thaz very sad. Whatever he has guided you, will forever remain in your thoughts and it will help you grow better with all good memories shared.

Take the best and continue to do what he did, which can help you and others too.

Life has to end "one day" and with good people around it will be remembered.

why are we competing for power,money,wealth,assets,fame,name etc.
- Life is always a challenge within and outside isn't it. We always think we have to prove for someone and that leads to competition and aggressive behavior.

Bharath S said...

Thanks Priya for your encouraging words!
Yes, as u said - V always think that we have to prove for someone else in this society.

Shiva said...

Hope you will get over this loss soo.

People should keep reminding themselves of your message in this and I'm reminded of Pattinathaar's words

" கடைச் சங்கு ததூவும் அம்மோட்டோ இம்மோட்டோ
நம்பூமி வாழ்ந்த நலன்"

Bharath S said...

Thanks a lot shiva!