Monday, April 2, 2007

MSQM : End of 2nd Sem

Yesterday, I completed my 2nd semester exams in Quality Management. Writing 2 exams a day,for 2 continuous days in a very poor environment was a challenge by itself. The infrastructure at the exam centre was so bad that I had a severe neck sprain at the end of the 1st day. Though I was frustrated, I wanted to finish off the exams,since postponment will cause a great deal of distress.

2 more semesters to go. This time at the end of 2 days of exams - my confidence level is better(compared to the 1st sem) due to the fact that, this time - I spent quite some time in planning and preparation.

IIQM/BITS boasts so much about their achievements and every year their rates for the distance learning programmes are just on the increasing trend. It's time that they also give some due attention and effort to provide the candidates a good environment and infrastructure to learn. It is their basic responsibility to ensure this. At this moment, they need a rapid improvement in this area.

May be they also need to do a bit of handholding with their customers(students,service providers) and apply the principles of TQM to ensure a true customer satisfaction!
Practice what you preach!

1 comment:

Shiva said...

it's very true Bharath. I went along with DS when she wrote her exams. Pathetic place and I was wondering how the students are tolerating the classes everyday. With that notion, we took it +vely. The education systen, which is the backbone of any civilization should be given some quality infrastructure.

Best of your efforts for your MSQM.